Wednesday, March 3, 2010

One Day at Austin



To my surprise, Austin is such a dynamic and interesting city to visit.

Austin is the capital of Texas and it is a metropolitan city. My roommate Katie, our friend Thuy-Anh and I arrived at the Capitol building in the lovely Saturday morning. The Capitol was built in the 19th century and I like its design. The front yard of the Capital is also nice. Although it is not a big yard, it has nice statues and places for people to sit. It is a relaxing place to visit.

Then, we went to the Bob Bullock Texas State History Museum. The museum was an interesting place. I knew a little bit more about how Texas became a state under United States. There are some interactive exhibitions as well for example introducing the American female singer back in the early 1950s.

Before dinner, we went to a restaurant which is called Oasis. It is famous for its sunset view by the river Travis. It is the view one must go and see by themselves.

Austin is a lovely city. It has modern buildings like those in Hong Kong, but it has more space between buildings. Also, I love how people enjoy and love their place as I saw a lot of people jogging or hanging out with their family on the streets.

I really like Austin and I hope I will visit it again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment